Thursday 30 October 2008

Starting Gridlock

With only a week until Team GB travel to Poland for the Pre Olympic Qualification Tournament, head coach Paul Thompson is facing a selection dilemma.

Thompson’s already named his squad for the games against Poland (Nov 6), Japan (Nov 7) and Romania (Nov 9), but he’s yet to name his starting goalie. It comes down to either Belfast's Stevie Lyle or Manchester's Stephen Murphy.

If Thompson has made up his mind, he hasn’t told Murphy yet.

“I’m not sure which way he’s going to go at the moment.” Murphy told the Manchester Phoenix game programme.

“I think it’ll be a tough one for him. For myself, obviously I want to play the games and I’ve played the last three games for the national team going back to the world championships earlier this year.”

Who would you pick?

You can read the entire article in this week's Phoenix game night programme.

No comments: