Wednesday 22 October 2008

Tony Hand's tried and tested recipe

"Hand feeds the puck to Molin... GOAL!!"
"Hand passes to Tallari... GOAL!!"
"Hand finds Beauregard... GOAL!!"


The year has changed, the players have changed, but the outcome remains the same. Tony Hand has unearthed another gem in Phoenix forward David Beauregard (14 goals, 9 assists) and has re-established the playmaker-sniper relationship that has worked perfectly for the last two years in Altrincham.

Beauregard, a former San Jose Sharks draft pick, previously scored 47 goals in the UHL and is tied for the Elite League lead with Belfast's Paul Deniset. The scary thing is that he says he's never played with an All Star playmaker like Hand before.

"Before I came over to the UK everybody was telling me how many goals I would score just playing with Tony," Beauregard told the Manchester Phoenix game programme.

"I can understand that now. Throughout my career I’ve been scoring goals without really playing with a true playmaker on my line. "

You can read the entire interview in this week's Manchester Phoenix match night programme.

No comments: